UT/PA/01 Ultrasonic Phased Array Level II (UTPA)
PCN Level II Phased Array (Welds) - 80 Hours
PCN Level II Examinations Fee
Total: £2,500 plus VAT
Duration of Course:
10 consecutive days (Monday through following Wednesday)
Plus an additional 2 days examination if taking PCN Examinations. Thursday & Friday.
This course is suitable for:
Technicians previously or currently qualified and certified to shear wave level 2, wishing to expand their qualifications in the manual, encoded Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT)
The course is designed to give a 50/50 timeshare between theoretical and practical applications and cover the following topics:
- Phased array instrument orientation
- Principles of phased array inspection including; History, Principles of Digitization and Principles of Phased Arrays
- Principles and design of phased array probes
- Inspection sensitivity including Velocity, Wedge Delay and Sensitivity across the Beam
- Calibration and pre-use checks
- Scan Plan development and associated tools
- Labs and scanning with phased array probes
- Software for data collection and data analysis (OmniPC & Tomoview)
- Principles of data analysis and interpretation
- Tools for defect detection and sizing
- Data analysis including indication recognition
This course employs the Omniscan MX or MX2 series of equipment, please contact us prior to booking should you require the use of other manufacturer equipment.
This training course is offered as being compliant with the requirements of ISO 9712. This course leads to PCN certification and ends with the PCN certification examination. This course and examination are fully compliant with BS EN ISO 9712 certification scheme. Candidates wishing to take the PCN UTPA Level 2 Examination must hold PCN UT 2 (Welds).